HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 1

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:41:53 +0100
I stand corrected :( -- but only on part of my statement.

I consider that any product that is 'wholly reliant' on the PKWARE
compression algorithm is PKZIP with different clothes on and is thus part of
the family irrespective as to what name it has been called.

It's like vacuum cleaners here in the UK. They are generically known as
HOOVER's even though HOOVER is a registered trade mark. Sort of a de-facto
standard.