HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 1

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:20:33 -0700
This might fit the bill.

Percobol from LegacyJ  http://www.legacyj.com/lgcyj_perc1.html generates
Java code which you then compile into JAVA classes.  Although I have only
used it a little, I have been able to compile HP COBOL II code with no
changes using Percobol. It understands most HP COBOL II syntax.  This means
that it will allow you to continue to develop in HP COBOL on the 3000 for as
long as you like with the knowledge that the code is portable.  It also
means that you will have to make minimal changes to existing code in order
to use it on your target platform(s).

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
1832 Bailey Dr.