HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 1

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:53:08 -0500

Well when I tried to order a NIC and Hard Drive from HP recently we went
back and forth for about a month, after I spent at least 2 months trying to
find someone at HP who could answer questions about the NIC, they finally
gave up and had a reseller contact me as they could not even generate an
accurate quote.

My experiences with HP's sales, support contracts and the response center
over the last couple years has me ready to consider 3rd party support for
the first time since I started using the 3000 in 1990. As far as I can tell,
they are in complete disarray internally and I no longer feel that I can
pick up the phone and get what I need out of HP like I used to.

Comments are my own... not my empolyer's.. etc.