SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2001

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:52:48 -0500
On 15 Aug 2001, at 15:32, Kuty wrote:

> At 07:09 15/08/01 -0500, Mike wrote:
>
> >Those were definitely worth the re-read. Mr. Wookey was a hellofa
> >guy.
>

> And if you are on line my friend, do you happen to know something about
> hand held sonars?  Manufacturers, prices etc? :-)  Two drysuits "landed" on
> our shelves, a few hours after we were asked to search for a murder victim
> in a  well, and declined, claiming that we couldn't do it in a wetsuit.
> :-)   So now we feel lucky and go for the big things :-)

I'm late with this reply and I see that you have found some
information on the units used by the Clearance dudes ( I would
really hate to piss one of those guys off). :-) Our team does not have
or use any of these but after reading some of the last couple days
mail, we will be looking into them. Our most state of the art tool is an
infrared camera that we can use in waters of 100' or less to help
locate stuff in shitty vis without having to put a diver in.

> Regards,
>
>                     Kuty

Mike Wallace
Huntsville, Alabama