SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2001

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 04:59:41 -0400
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 Wade G. Pemberton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Viv:
>> After commenting to Lee's post earlier on I am so peeved I listened to
>> a certain ex-american of a well known dive shop in Exmouth & dropped
>> Florida from one of the places I would have visited on my last US
>> bound trip :-(
>
>It's certainly worth a week's time from your life to dive West Palm or
>Boynton. Two quick dives on any given day can cause you the get an
>undernourished feeling, but over a week you'll see enough to be >convinced.

Well, you never know. I just found out what route I would have to fly to
get to the Caymans. I will have to fly Sydney - LA - Miami - Caymans.
While I have had many requests from some CozNEDfesters to crash at their
place before I go on to the Caymans (they say to catch up with the time
difference ... me, I say its to catch up on much needed sleep ;-)) I have
to do some serious planning to fit in as much as possible.

Im detouring to Vanuatu for next years SPUMS trip in late May. Depending on
how much leave I have left after the Christmas break & what extras our dive
group adds on to our Vanuatu dive trip (we want to squeeze in some dives on
the President Coolidge wreck) I may have time to detour to Boynton
Beach/West Palm, annoy a few folk in Texas AND catch up on my sleep :-)

Hmmm I can see a mini-BoyntonNEDfest in the making here for those who cant
make it to the Caymans either BEFORE or AFTER the liveaboard trip. Don't
know if Im game for some lake diving in Texas ;-))
Viv