SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2001

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:32:04 -0500
Hola Wayne....

 I had two of the older Matrix computers. The first one developed
cracks in the clear plastic case and it eventually failed. USD
declined to make the unit up but the local shop that I bought the unit
from did it anyway. The second unit had a better case and is still
working to my knowledge. I gave it to a friend a couple years ago.
As best as I can remember it was not overly conservative and it
never failed to work as long as I remembered to turn it on before I
splashed.

On 10 Aug 2001, at 20:40, Wayne & Rita McKenzie wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My dive computer gave up on me and I am looking for another one. Got the
> following message excerpt from an acquaintance regarding the USD Matrix. He
> notes it as "the new"one. I could only find an online manual dated 1999.
> Does anyone have any experience with this dive computer? Is "the new" one
> any different from "the old" one? What about the price, it is in Canadian
> dollars?
>
> >I got the price on the new USD Matrix air dive computer $240.00 + tax.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Wayne McKenzie
> Vancouver Island, British Columbia
> RV Char-0147            mailto:[log in to unmask]

Mike Wallace
Huntsville, Alabama