SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2001

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:50:24 -0400
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 David Hale <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Viv, I checked locally and found somebody to do the
>conversion at a reasonable rate. I just have to swear
>that I won't sell it! He says the conversions go
>pretty well, though there is the occasional PAL tape
>that won't play in their machine.
>
>If you still haven't found a conversion source, just
>go ahead and send the tape and let me know.

Well, after getting nowhere in the UK with my email correspondence on the
matter (wonder wot they have against NTSC) I was about to go nuts in
frustration but David's olive branch has come to my rescue :-)

This evening a copy of Strike's tape .. and the paperback 'A Small War'
will soon wing its way across the ocean. Hopefully David will receive that
little parcel within the next fortnight depending on how efficient postal
systems are around the world.

Those of you in the US who would like to view either please let David Hale
or Mike Wallace know so a list can be set up. I am stealing Mike's idea of
having everyone sign their name inside the cover before forwarding it on
just for interest. I have my own copy of the paperback & video tape so NO
NEED to return anything to OZ.
Viv