HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 4

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:19:09 -0500
> Under any circumstance, it now seems evident that (i) you
> will be required to
> keep track of your advance refund amount and that (ii) you
> will subtract that
> amount from the refund that would have otherwise received.
>
> Wirt Atmar

I guess I am confused.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say the amount of your check is subtracted
from the tax you paid in this year?

After all the check amount is based on an estimate of the taxes you would
have paid so far this year if you made the same amount as last year. Which
is a safe assumption to make in most cases as the majority of incomes either
rise or stay the same. And in those cases where income was reduced, no
return of the overpayment is required.

True the result would be the same, but does not have quite the negative
spin.... oh.. excuse me.. negative spin is what this is all about.

Nevermind.