HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 4

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:18:45 -0500

That is the question.

When the depression hit it injured the country and so the goverment gave the
people a crutch to lean on in the form of Social Security and welfare
programs. But, we have continued to rely on that crutch for so long that the
pain of throwing it away now would be extreme. The result being that now
many Americans are afraid to try and stand on their own without it.

Unfortunately it is sometimes necessary to endure pain and fear in the
return to full health. How can a country be strong if it's citizens are
weak?

Comments are my own.. not my employer's..etc