HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 4

From:
Curtis Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:17:14 -0500
I've recently come across a book on Apache Server that has really been
helpful for me, so I thought I'd pass it on:

"Apache Server Administrator's Handbook"
by Mohammed J. Kabir
Publ. by IDG Books Worldwide
ISBN: 0-7645-3306-1
US $29.99

The book is a little over 1" thick, roughly the size of a trade
paperback, with a black-and-white "generic" look to it, and fits nicely
in your hand.  What is especially good about it is that it is billed as
a no-frills
here-is-what-you-need-to-know-about-what-you-want-to-do-with-Apache
book, and (I think) it delivers on that.  The bottom line is that it is
an excellent reference book, with just enough included for you to learn
"why" (or "why not").  I compared it with the O'Reilly book, and for me,
it works even better.  If you need to muck about with Apache, give this
book a comfortable coffee-laden once-over.

Thanks,
Curtis

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission
may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended only for the individual
or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance
upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error,
please reply to the sender, so that we can arrange
for proper delivery, and then please delete the message
from your inbox. Thank you.