HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 4

From:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:15:49 -0600
Steve, NMMGR is ok if you know tour way around it. An easier way to display
it, is to use nettool.net.sys, as below. I have attached part of the output
you obtain; you also get gateway information.

:nettool.net.sys
NETTOOL Version:      B06000A1

 Enter HELP HELP for an explanation of the help facility.

 Enter HELP OPERATION for guidance on NETTOOL use.

 Commands can be abbreviated, HELP keywords cannot.

 Menu-specific commands for the ROOT:

RESOURCE    CONFIG      NAMEADDR    PING        STATUS      NMDUMP
X25STAT     X25CHECK    IPCINT      XPVAL       XPPERF      QVALNS
NSTEST      LOOPINIT    NSLOGON     SOCKINFO    filters
[1]>> conf;summ
>>>summ

NM Configuration Manager  32098-20016 B.06.00 (C) Hewlett Packard Co. 1992
Reading commands from "V899418".
NMMGR>openconf nmconfig.pub.sys
NMMGR>summaryconf netxport
NMMGR>summaryconf logging
NMMGR>summaryconf link
NMMGR>exit

END OF PROGRAM

                  CRITICAL SUMMARY - NETXPORT CONFIGURATION

WED, JUL 25, 2001,  3:55 PM
CONFIGURATION FILE NAME: NMCONFIG.PUB.SYS
Unvalidated subsystem.

NODE NAME:
   DOPEY.AUS.HP.COM
TRANSPORT GLOBAL CONFIGURATION:
  Home Network Name:
  Maximum Inbound Buffer Memory:  1024
  Name Search Method:  1. Probe
                       2. Probe Proxy
                       3. Network Directory

PACKET EXCHANGE PROTOCOL (PXP) CONFIGURATION:
  Checksum Enabled:                    N
  Retransmission Interval (Secs):      10
  Maximum Retransmissions Per Request: 4

TRANSMISSION CONTROL PROTOCOL (TCP) CONFIGURATION:
  Checksum Enabled:                                N
  Maximum Number of Connections:                   256
  Retransmission Interval Lower Bound (Secs):      4
  Maximum Time to Wait For Remote Response (Secs): 180
  Initial Retransmission Interval:                 5
  Maximum Number of Retransmissions:               4
  Connection Assurance Interval:                   600
  Maximum Connection Assurance Retransmissions:    4

CONFIGURED NETWORK INTERFACES:

  Network Interface Type:              LAN
  Network Interface Name:              LAN1
  Network Interface IP Address:        A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  IP Subnet Mask:                        255.255.248.000
  Network Segment Size:                1514
  HP UPC Number:                       08-00-09
  Number of Outbound Buffers           128
  Enable Ethernet:                         Y
  Enable IEEE802.3:                        Y
  Number of Store and Forward Buffers: 20
  Load Network Directory Mappings:     No
.
..
..

Regards

Richard Bayly
Hewlett-Packard Response Centre, Australia

"Steve Hammond" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> I have been asked to determine the configuration of my NIC card on my
987 - can anyone give me a hint?