HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]
Subject: [HP3000-L] DBGENALT Hangs

Bradmark and VESoft are on Texas and California time
so I thought I'd ask the list first: [...]47_19Jul200110:42:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:50:31 EDT
Mark writes:

> Thanks for the clear and concise patch information.
>
>  I hope the new patches will be available for beta before they go GR as
>  we have had some problems that we believe to be related to the Advanced
>  Telnet enhancements. In particular, passwords being echoed to the screen
>  on standard Telnet connections.

"Password echoing" is actually one of the things that advanced telnet fixes.
Without a proper patch installed, you're going to get passwords on your
screen. If you're seeing that effect on your screen, it means that you don't
have an advanced telnet patch on your HP3000.

If you'd like, there's more information on both the SLE (suppress local echo)
option for telnet, which is the mechanism by which passwords are suppressed,
and the problems you'll see if you've selected to run in the advanced telnet
mode on a non-patched version of MPE at:

     http://aics-research.com/telnet.html
     http://aics-research.com/qcterm/faq32.html

Wirt Atmar