HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
Fred Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:38:44 +0200
You set the SCSI addresses on the back of the HASS itself.
Don't mix SE and FWD (DF) type drives on the same SCSI BUS.
The two bays can be joined up in oen bus by using a short cable on the back.

My HASS Manuals says to add 'modules in the order from bottom to top and
from left to right'. I have never had proper confirmation if this means
A1,A2,A3,A4,B1,B2,B3,B4 or A1,B1,A2,B2,A3,B3,A4,B4. The HP 3000 engineers in
this country seems to prefer A4,B4,A3,B3,A2,B2,A1,B1 !!!

Fred Metcalf