HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
"Simonsen, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simonsen, Larry
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:08:21 -0600
We are preparing to migrate our data center from one site to another.  In
preparations for this the networking person has setup a new segment and
assigned the hp e3000 a new IP address.  What they are planning is to have
each server answer to both the old and the new address during the interim
time and then to stop using the old address after the move.  I do not see
where this can be done in nmmgr.  Is this type of thing even possible.  The
network people are saying "the NT servers and the UNIX servers can do this
why can your server not do this?"

Can this be done and how?

Larry Simonsen                Phone: 801-489-2450
Flowserve Corporation     Fax: 801-491-1750
PO Box 2200                    http://www.Flowserve.com
Springville, UT 84663      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect, in no way, those of my
employer.