HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 2

From:
Torben Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Torben Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:04:16 -0400
I have a customer who has experienced a power failure - which finally
caused shutdown.
After that they have a series of problems:
Somehow they managed to get the system running afterwards - probably with a
start recovery.
Anyhow things did not work OK so they wanted to reboot. They could not do a
ctrl-a work so they took the power off the system. The first attempt to
boot resulted in a system abort (number unknown). They took the power once
more and the system came up.

Then they called me with a printer problem - it did not print.
I try to log on via modem but cannot get connected to the system. I think
this is only a matter of the modem setup as it does not even answer a call
from a regular telephone.

The users are very unfamiliar with everything but the application but I
decided to guide the user to do several commands to find out what was going
on.
Eventually I found out that the non-working printer is connected to an old
DTC (2345A) so I decided to reboot it. But it never managed to load the
configuration from the HP3000. The boot resulted in error C1 - no
connection to the HP3000.

I then decided to do a shutdown and reboot the system.
But ctrl-a and ctrl-b did not work. I have checked the normal/status switch
on the cpu-board (that should only affect ctrl-b). Any ideas?

We have checked all cable connections.

Regards
Torben Olsen
Delta Consulting A/S