HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 2

From:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:16:26 -0600
Steve Dirickson wrote:

> > This is correct, they do have to be the same size.
>
> At the risk of asking a stupid question: has anyone actually *tried* this,
> or are we all just reading the "Mirrored Disk/iX" manual to each other?

Yes, people have - unintentionally :-) - tried it and it does not work.
The situation you will run into is that a repair operation from a larger
to a smaller disk size will get hung at the point when the target is
'full'.

It might be noteworthy to repeat that one of the changes of HP firmware
to disk drives is, to make sure that all xGB drives have the same
sector capacity (which is not ensured if you by different xGB drives in
your disk discount shop).

Goetz.