HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 2

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:59:53 -0400
Wirt says: "Under any circumstance, it never hurts to take an extra bit of
care."

And that doesn't mean just when you are at the hotel, airport, other public
places.
A couple of years ago I was in one of our manufacturing plants on a Sat
morning
working on details for a new system implementation.  The buildng was secured
by
a card key system, very few people in the building, etc.
I was using a small conference room as an office/work area.  I walked down
the
hall to the laser printer to get some forms, and in the 5 minutes I was
gone,
someone grabbed my new laptop, and went out the fire door (with "crashbar")
sounding
the alarm, etc....

So it isn't just those you "don't know" that can bite you.

Terry W. Simpkins
Schaevitz Sensors Division
Measurement Specialties
757-766-4278