HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:56:25 -0400
X-no-Archive:yes
I have to wonder why you would want to do this? I am trying to imagine what
NT queues would give you, that you do not already have with NetPrint or even
standard network printing on the 3000. I'm no printer guru, so if there is
something to be gained by sending to NT queues, I trust that someone will
post what it is. But a JetDirect device is apparently quite happy to manage
talking to more than a single queue, telling the other host that it is busy,
and thus having the queue, well, queue up what it wants to print. In other
words, NT users and 3000 users can both send to the same physical printer,
and it all just works, no hassles, no worries.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com