HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 1

From:
"Jonathan M. Backus" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:05:31 -0400
Douglas,

        It's very commmon to have multiple 3000s access a common DTC based printer.
The trick will be getting access to it from the MD 3000 since the DTC
protocol is not "routable".  This can be done with some configuration work
on your network.  The other option would be to send the spoolfile from MD to
the CA 3000 and have it print it.  This too can be done with some work.  Do
you currently do any remote printing like that?  Do you have any lpr/lpd
based utilities such as Espul or NBSpool?

Thanx,
  Jonathan (Jon) M. Backus, MPE-CSM ~ President
  Tech Group ~ 15 Catawba Place ~ Hagerstown, MD ~ 21742-6515
  Email: [log in to unmask] ~ AIM: JMBackus
  Vmail: 301.988.0614 ~ Fmail: 301.714.1854
  Web: www.TechGroupMD.com