HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 1

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:35:03 -0500
Ken,

        having seen and used both QUIZ and DATANOW, I feel compelled to
point out that your statement:

        "By moving to DataNOW!, HP e3000 users can get away from the Cognos
pricing
        issues and also (IMO) obtain a better report writer that allows the
average
        user to be able to look at the data within their IMAGE databases on
their
        own and possibly produce their own reports instead of having to
become a
        QUIZ expert."

        has a very misleading point.  While you can escape the *&^%$# COGNOS
pricing issue, DATANOW is, from my experience, not any easier to use for an
end-user than QUIZ is...in both cases, the end-user has to become an
'expert' at something that they'd rather not deal with.

        DATANOW also shares a very special quality <<or pain>> with
QUIZ...the ability to bring a machine to its knees with little to no effort
on the part of the end-users.

        Ray Shahan