HP3000-L Archives

July 2001, Week 1

From:
"Sivcevic, Nisad" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sivcevic, Nisad
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:26:49 -0500
I am trying to set up a few electronic forms using Formation software
intrinsics.
Does anybody have any experience with usage and behavior of "Smart Fields"?
It seems those are not working as is supposed and described in Formation
manual.
First, I want to get rid of borders around the fields and also align input
to the
right place. When I try "PWRITEFIELD" it doesn't write in the field space.
Data are written always and only in the left page corner.
It seems to be useless especially considering fact that program example
(CSAMPLE)
in the manual is not supported (don't exist) with example forms
(INVINT, TANDC and TANDC2) and sample environment file "SAMPLE.FORM".
I tried to create forms according advices in the manual but with same bad
result.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I will really appreciate any example of "Smart Fields" usage.

Nisad Sivcevic

Senior Programmer/Analyst
IT Department

First Penn-Pacific Life