UTCSTAFF Archives

July 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:11:41 -0400
As we work in new recruitment materials, I invite you to provide "brag
points" on students and alumni of your programs. Specifically, we are
looking for points in two categories.

--First, we are looking for bullets (one or two sentences maximum) about
activities that offer students experiential learning opportunities--either
through research or real world experience: intnerships, cooperative
education placement, clinical experiences, etc. I will not be using names
in the student accomplishment section, only department references.

An example of a student brag is:  One of our communication students
recently completed an internship at the Washington Center Mass
Communication Program Initiative in Washington D.C.

--Next, we need impressive bullets about alumni. Careers and
accomplishments that will be persuasive to prospective students and their
parents.  We will be using names in the alumni section.

An example of an alumni brag is:  Diane Grob Schmidt is a chemist with
Proctor and Gamble and helped develop Pert Plus, the number one selling
hair care product in the world.

We will use as many of your points as possible.  I know these nuggets are
out there. Please help me dig them out.  Chuck.

Chuck Cantrell
Director, Office of University Relations
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
201 Founders Hall
Chattanooga, TN 37403

Voice (423) 755-4363