SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:25:54 -0500
I snipped all of your well said post John. Just wanted to add my
support for the flow restrictor's vs. the flow meters. The restrictor
takes the guesswork out of it. Even with a very good flow meter it's
hard to get consistant flow rates with them. The restrictor makes it
simple and easy.

Also, I calibrate mine to both air and 100% once a month or so and
if I get a reading that doesn't look right to me. My last sensor lasted
almost two years. It was the analox and I hear that the Teledyne's
tend to last a bit longer. We'll see as that is what I just replaced mine
with.

On 30 Jun 2001, at 22:41, John Nitrox wrote:

>         Here are a few emotional (read - not necessarily well thought out)
> grousings, grumblings, and thoughts about a couple oxygen analyzers.
Mike Wallace
Huntsville, Alabama