SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 07:56:44 -0500
David Strike wrote:

> On Monday, July 02, 2001 5:18 PM, Viv, (My favourite flightless bird!),
> wrote - in response to Crusty:
>
> (snip)
> > That black plastic-fantastic shark decoy does though remind me of those
> > fish critters you gave out at the Coz99NEDfest. My favourite was the
> > cuttlefish which was a nifty miniature water squirter :-)

...and they blow bubbles under water!  :-)  I have a entire fishery on
top of my computer here at home and at work: southern sting ray, eagle
ray, manta, several shark (blacktip, hammer, GW), puffer (he also
squirts), orca, octopus, two mermaids, a glow-in-the-dark jelly fish,
and my squirting cuttlefish.  Ooops, I almost forgot the poke-a-dot
squid was that planted in a gargonian by Bob for me to find during our
Cayman Aggressor trip in '99.

> I have that and the shark sitting in pride of place on top of my book-case -
> but I must confess that I'd forgotten the cuttle-fish doubled as a water
> squirter until you mentioned it!  Sylvia just wore the results of my test
> and said to say, "Thank you, Viv.  Thank you, Crusty"!  (That was just
> before she drew back her fist and hit me!) :-)))))
>
> Strike

Strike, I don't understand it...that's often the reaction (a good
wallop!) that I get for many of my sincere gestures of good humor and
mirth.  :-)  You're welcome Sylvia! ...and don't hold back the urge,
just swing away, black and blue looks good on him!  :-)

Best regards,
Russ