SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
Mark Goldsmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:17:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/01 5:11:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The 1/2 LP port is intended to be used for your primary second stage, and
> so would always have a hose on it, the correct hose size should have been
> supplied with your primary.  What I don't know is if this has a real
> performance benefit, or if it is a gentle scam to get you to buy Apeks LP

Thanks,
I think you just shed some light.  Diveinn initially sent me the wrong first
stage (no swivel), and the Tech 50 second which came with the first shipment
had the 3/8" hose.  I received the DST first stage on a swap from Diveinn,
but still had the original hose meant to go (I guess) with the original first
stage they sent me.

If this makes any sense at all, do you think I should look for a 1/2" hose
for my second stage or just plug up the 1/2" port.
Thanks
Mark