SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 15:40:07 -0500
This is like the pictures you used to see where you have to find all the things wrong.

There was a couple of weeks ago a 'suicide' on Cozumel.

Seems a diver had a problem (panic attack I was told) and was taken to the surface by the DM and told to wait for the boat.  Boat captain never saw him but another boat driven by the first captains son found all the gear - mask fins BCD tank - floating on the surface with no diver.  They found the diver a couple of days later on the bottom still wearing a weight belt.
Even tho there is not note or indication of anxiety it is being ruled a suicide.

THere seem to me to be more than a few holes in the logic but thought I would see what the Sherlocks here could come up with.

CH