SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:14:30 -0700
--- Angelo Pardinas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>       Kinda quiet these past few days - either people are
> outdoors diving
> or indoors daydreaming about future dives (sadly, I belong to
> the latter
> group) and in case you're also part of the unfortunate group
> here's
> something I'd like to ask.
>
>      Where'd you learn about "proper" emergency procedures ?

Well, the rest of the list might shoot me for this but I found
the books by Dennis Graver to be very good and certainly there
are lots of articles to be found in Scuba magazines.

I have his book "Scuba Diving" which gets into the nuts and
bolts of the sport and certainly covers a fair bit on emergency
stuff.

Most of what I know has been gleamed from books and magazines
and a fair bit of confined water drilling.

As we sit and watch the rain tumble out of the sky, the weekend
is shaping up to be one of open fires, DVDs, cheap wine and even
cheaper women. (sigh)

Birdo