SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
"Carl G. Heinzl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:01:20 -0400
> > BTW, my new light just arrived - it's sweet - EE Pro 4 HID - small,
> > light
> > (only 9 lbs)...
> >
> > Carl
>
> Nice light!  Do you drive it around underwater attached to a lift bag?
> :-)  How much does it weigh displaced?  The Goodman mount is most
> convenient, with the light always ready for use.  I have a friend who
> dives HIDs with his video cam.  The color temp seems to work great
> underwater with video.

And if you really need to take the light off your hand you can clip it
off temporarily or loop it over your head (very temporarily).

-2 lbs bouyancy - I know it won't be noticible since I'm used to diving
with the equivalent of the Spectrum 14 (battery alone is 12 lbs).

I also use HID lights for my video (Light & Motion Housing with a
TRV900).

Carl