SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:19:46 +1000
On Tuesday, July 17, 2001 4:54 AM, David Hale wrote:

> Sounds interesting.

It's one of the all-time great diving movies featuring all of the original
equipment, including Sladen suits, O2 'breathers, submarine escape training,
the underwater 'Chariots', the Italian 'frogman' attack on the 'Valiant' and
'Queen Elizabeth' in Alexandria Harbour, and the 'X-Craft' (midget
submarine) attack on the 'Tirpitz'.  As an insight into diving history in a
dramatic and well-acted format, it's probably without peer!  :-)

> Maybe some of us folks in the
> States can spring for a Pal to NTSC conversion. I know
> Viv has had NTSC to Pal done - maybe the same place
> will do it the other way.

I'll run off some dubs.  If you can get it converted - or if you know
somebody with a VCR that can handle both formats - it's worth the watching!
:-)

Strike