SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2001

From:
Robert Delfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:46:52 +0800
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:01:14 -0400, Krazy Kiwi wrote:
[SNIP]
>What is the name of this book? I must add it to my collection. Is it
>available via Amazon?

Reef Fish Behavior - Florida Caribbean Bahamas, by Ned Deloach,
photographs by Paul Humann.  Jacksonville, FL:  New World Publications
ISBN:  1-878348-28-0

Although it's based on Caribbean species and data, it covers a lot of
fish we have here in the Indo-Pacific too. There are general channels
on different sorts of behavior (feeding by piscivores, planktivores,
herbivores, colors and camouflage, symbiosis, senses and sound
communication, then chapters on specific fish.  The chapter on
frogfishes is particularly good.

Trumpetfish, cornetfish, flutemouth - aulostomus by any other name, we
all know what we're talking about.  I understand the same people have
done a new volume on Galapagos.

Robert Delfs

Robert Delfs
Reply to:  <[log in to unmask]>