HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 4

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:55:57 -0400
On 20 Jun 2001, at 7:36, Cecile Chi wrote:

> No, forget the 'e'.  I never thought adding the 'e' was a good
> idea anyway.

I can see a point with using the e- prefix on the word mail to
distinguish electronicly delivered messages from the more
torpid variety that comes via the post.  However the entire
point of the suffix is to make this distinction.

In what manner is an HP e3000 different than an HP 3000?
Does the latter run on steam?  Are there hamsters spinning
the disc drives?  Does the former use some different electronic
property not found in the latter?

BTW, I still can't boot from the factory SLT on my 918LX.
Hardware people have been called.  I have modified the
sysgen config to show the DDS device as an HPC1537A in
conformity with what MAPPER reports.  This change had no
effect on the outcome, not that I could see how it would but I
have learned at high cost not to disregard the impossible.

Regards,
Jim

---   *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
James B. Byrne                Harte & Lyne Limited
vox: +1 905 561 1241          9 Brockley Drive
fax: +1 905 561 0757          Hamilton, Ontario
mailto:[log in to unmask]  Canada L8E 3C3