HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:01:11 -0700
Re:
> In the documentation about Mode 202 (Set Name), for element 9, it says the the
> intrinsic returns "One of the following set types...:M, A, D" obviously Master,
> Automatic and Detail. Several months ago, I corrected an MPEX capacity checking
> routine that used DBSETYPE<>"D" to examine only master datasets, but we found on
> the listings the chunks of Jumbo detail datasets as well.
>
> My question is; is the documentation incomplete in that there is some other
> type, e.g., C (for chunk) or J (for jumbo) or some such that would not apply on
> Mode 202 or is MPEX just marching to the beat of a different drummer?

202 doc is correct: returns a D, M, or A, even for jumbo datasets.

I'd be quite surprised to find MPEX calling DBINFO ... I'd hope it was more
efficient than that (e.g., FOPEN the root file and extract the data directly).

I'd report the bug to [log in to unmask]  If that address bounces, let me know
and I'll complain to Eugene :)

Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler