HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 4

From:
Catherine Litten <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:05:26 -0700
The memory is mainly an issue when trying to call up the document itself.

We order the machines with 64mb instead of your 24mb.  Our standard
configuration is NT4 service pack 5 using the Novelle spooler to control the
out put to printers.  We have the bidrectional support enabled in our
printer configuration but everything else looks pretty normal.  We have a
few Windows 2000 they seem to work just fine with their normal configuation
and we also have some stations running Windows 95, Windows 98 - all the Y2K
patches applied and the latest service packs.  Our minimun configuration is
32 mb memory.

We have never had an issue with printing for Acrobat - most of our printing
issues are with the network itself more than anything (bad cards, segments
down, que's filled up, etc.)  Sometimes there is an issue with graphic
intensive documents, at those times the printer itself has needed more
memory or minimun on the 4000 machines is 4mb.

Hope this helps,
Cat

Catherine Litten,
Senior Programmer/Analyst ([log in to unmask])
Valley Presbyterian Hospital (www.valleypres.org)
15107 Vanowen Street, Van Nuys, Ca  91405-4597
Phone (818) 782-6600 x 2140     Fax (818) 902-5202
The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine and do not
reflect those of my employer, or anyone else.