HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 4

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:05:36 -0700
> From: HOFMEISTER,JAMES (HP-USA,ex1) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
>
> Re: NSSWITCH.NET.SYS {sample file}
>
> We are in the process of porting over the /etc/nsswitch functionality
> from Unix to MPE.
>
> I have attached to this message the NSSWSAMP file for NSSWITCH on the
> HP-e3K.  I hope this message prompts some questions and feed
> back like:
>
>   "How soon can I install/test NSSWITCH!".
>
> Regards,
>
> James Hofmeister
> Hewlett Packard
> Worldwide Technology Network Expert Center
> P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.

I have an R&D system currently on 6.0 PP2 (plan to go to 6.5 PP2 real soon
now) where I actually have need for the second sample configuration: for one
particular name, I need to locally resolve to an IP address different from
that in DNS. For now, whenever I need this capability, I have to disable DNS
temporarily so that my hosts file takes over. I could test functionality on
both 6.0 and 6.5 in a fairly short time frame (assuming the functionality
were available for both 6.0 and 6.5).

John Burke