HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
Mike Church <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:36:11 -0400
I think the user (i.e. the account type) will need to have LG.
LG indicates the ability to use user logging and not really a security
level.

The security would be set at the password level within the Image Database.
The data base can be designed to allow passwords to link to a level of
read/write.

It depends on the application... If it was designed to use Image security or
not.

Another possibility, is the group security?

DISC SPACE: 657152(SECTORS)     PASSWORD: **
CPU TIME  : 0(SECONDS)          SECURITY--READ    : ANY
CONNECT TIME: 0(MINUTES)                  WRITE   : AL
DISC LIMIT: UNLIMITED                     APPEND  : AL
CPU LIMIT : UNLIMITED                     LOCK    : AL
CONNECT LIMIT: UNLIMITED                  EXECUTE : ANY
PRIV VOL : YES                            SAVE    : AL
FILE UFID: $055E0001 $17917F18 $00B037C0 $5F8000C9 $003A74BD
MOUNT REF CNT: n/a

In the case of the example above, if the user did not have AL (or account
librarian security),
and were a member of the account, they could read and execute but not write.

hth...

mc

Mike Church, BS, CIS
Technical Support Manager
Information Services
Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
P.O. Box 789
Ashland, Kentucky 41105-0789
-----------------------------------
Phone: (606)833-3727
Pager: (606)327-0965
  Fax: (606)833-3342
-----------------------------------
Intranet: http://Olbh01iis/intranet/index.html
Primary e-mail  : [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Alternate e-mail : [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
My page : http://mike_church.tripod.com/
Our Lady of Bellefonte : http://www.olbh.com
Daily Quote: Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs
become prohibitive. -- William F. Buckley Jr.
contact the sender by reply e-mail, fax or phone and destroy all copies of
the original message.