HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
DavidNoack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DavidNoack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:01:41 -0500
My name is David Noack and I'm a computer correspondent with Investors
Business Daily, a national business newspaper.

I'm doing a story about computer certification Web sites, which you
folks think are the best ones in terms of information provided,
discussion areas, latest news about exams, etc.

I would like to get some comments about some of these Web sites, which
ones you use, why you use them, how you use them.

Here are some questions for your consideration.

1. What computer certification Web sites do you frequent and why? What
kinds of information do the sites provide that keep you coming back?

2. What kinds of information should computer certification Web sites
offer to have people come back, the latest news about exams, good
discussions areas, tips and suggestions about test taking, sample
questions, etc.

3. Are computer certification Web sites a good place to learn about a
specific certification, study guides and tips from other folks who've
taken an exam? Is the information current?

4. What do you like most about some of the computer certification Web
sites you visit and what do you like least?

5. I've noticed plenty of Web sites that offer "braindumps" from
exams? Is this a good or bad idea and how accurate is that
information? Can folks preparing to take a certification exam be
mislead by "braindumps" in terms of misinformation, wrong answers,
etc.

6. I guess that one of the more controversial aspects of computer
certification is the certification vs. experience debate, what should
count more when it comes to hiring someone. Is there a lot of
discussion about this aspect of computer certification or is the
discussion still more "exam" oriented, with folks asking questions
about a computer exam, whether a question was properly phrase or
confusing, etc.

7. Feel free to add anything else you might think of, such as an
anecdote or other kind of story.

Please include a little info about yourself, name, where you live
(city/state) will do, how many certs you have and what is your
computer occupation/specialty.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David
A+