HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:35:29 -0700
Fellow hp3000s,

A few weeks ago, motivated by some thread on this list, I decided to
explore and familiarize myself with the JINFO CI function.   In the
process, besides finding out that some of the values returned by JINFO were
wrong, I ended up developing a script/job stream that can be used to abort
'idle' jobs or sessions.   It cannot, by any means, rival the CSL 'Bouncer'
utility or Vesoft's 'LOGOFF' background task, but it does work and is
flexible enough to be configured for different sites. It handles Include OR
Exclude 'user sets' (Not both).  It also utilizes temporary command files
to perform each task , instead of using different entry values, and it also
provides a solution to the problem of 'time outs' against message files
that was reported in this list a few months back.

The whole 'distribution package' is comprised by 3 files.  A stream file, a
command file to start and stop the job and a 'suggested' UDC that would be
added to the system wide udc (within the 'option logon' section).  The
above 3 files are 'wrapped' within an EDITOR 'use' file that enables a user
to customize the names of the needed files (The use file was needed since
some of the same files are 'referenced' in multiple files).

The whole 'distribution package' is about 650 records, a bit too much to
include in the e-mail.  Therefore, if anyone is interested, I'll be willing
to e-mail the file as an attachment to their individual address.

Regards
Paul Christidis