HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 07:07:23 -0700
You are also using some very outdated commands, but the main problem beyond
what was already mentioned is that you probably saved the file as
"unnumbered", if you have the QUAD editor on your system you can create a
new, numbered file and it will ask you if it is a COBOL file, and you can
say YES.

As already mentioned, take a closer look at the sample programs at the back
of the book, and since I hardly ever build apps from the original command
line I'm going to guess quickly and say you want to use COB85XL
source,,$null and then use LINK $OLDPASS,progname and 'progname' will be
your executable.

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President