HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:37:07 -0600
Cecile Chi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>No, forget the 'e'.  I never thought adding the 'e' was a good idea anyway.

I also fell into the trap last year.  I am slowly removing that
pesky "e" from everything within Adager's control.

In the process of updating a specific web page in Adager's site,
I realized that I didn't have a link to a showcase company that
is powered by the hp3000 computer and its award-winning IMAGE
database management system: Software for Science.

Besides being a wonderful site, it turns out that a compatriot
of mine, Alex Cardona, is the force behind such an enterprise.
I have had many pleasant exchanges with Alex.  Early this morning
(and I mean *early* this morning, as in "low single digits"),
I got a message from him at some ungodly time, commenting on
my odd working hours (because he saw my post to hp3000-L).
I answered that the pot was calling the kettle black because
he was also burning the midnight oil -- all of this in Spanish,
of course :-)

I am glad to see a fellow computer enthusiast from Guatemala so
heavily involved in such a specialized field of software and,
as a bonus, to be carrying his industrious and systematic activity
via IMAGE databases on the hp3000 computer.

For details, see http://www.adager.com (click on "hp3000 resources"
and look for "Software for Science").  Then, go to that site and
enjoy the note on its lower-right corner: "Powered with HP" (which
is, of course, "Powered with hp3000 :-)

All of this brings me back to the reason for THIS message:  Even
though my original intent for the "hp3000 resources" page was to
provide links to sites that were oriented towards hp3000 products,
goods, and services, I would like to expand the scope to include
showcase companies that USE the hp3000 and IMAGE to support their
enterprise.  If you (or someone you know) would be interested in
being listed there, please let me know.  The more hp3000 success
stories, the better.

  _______________
|            r  |  Alfredo                      [log in to unmask]
|          e    |                            http://www.adager.com
|        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego
|      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000             U.S.A.