HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
Lawrence D <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lawrence D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:15:42 -0500
Hello everyone.

Our company upgraded several months ago to MPE XL 6.0.  Under 5.5 we ran
network laser printers that did not require manual form feeds, but after
upgrading to 6.0 all of our network printers require manual form feeds when
our 3000 prints to them.  After contacting HP regarding our desire to print
with auto form feed they directed us to install 6.0's patch which has not
cured our situation.  Does anyone know the source and possible solution to
the problem.  I suspect it is a setting in the device's ENV file.

Can someone tell me what characters in the ENV file for each device denote
manual versus auto form feed?

Thank you for your time.

Lawrence