HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 3

From:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:06:47 -0400
If it is pic 9, then the highest valid value it can have is "9", so it will
always be less than 10 and  less than 113.  How it deals with invalid values
depends upon the COBRUNTIME variable, but in no case should it ever consider
a single digit > 9

You could declare it PIC X and compare it to octal %161.  I think there is
also a FUNCTION ORD if you use "$CONTROL POST85"
See http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/B3150090013.11820/144