HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 2

From:
Jim Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:28:26 -0400
My information is a little dated, but HP used to sell GlancePlusPak which
included both Glance/iX and the Scope collector.  Scope was a background job
that collected performance information in a logfile.  You could set the size
of the logfiles by number of days (or hours or minutes) of history that you
wanted to keep, and you could export the records for archival purposes.  The
disadvantage was that the Measurement Interface was always running which
does put some overhead on your machine.  I seem to remember a message from
Stan saying that this was not insignificant.

From this data you could use the LaserRX tool, or even Excel to create
graphs of the data that was collected.  Data was typically collected in
Global, Application and Process Summarys as well as details.  I also believe
that it kept information on things like disk free space.

Hope this helps.

Jim