HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 2

From:
David Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:11:52 -0700
Ernie points out a typo then asks ...

> So, uh, does this mean you're going to teach your children to curse?

Three proof-readings and one spell check do not perfection make!  Actually,
my eleven-year old would really, really like it if we were cursing the Med.
She's into swear words at the moment :-).

But the reality is that the children might hear a few swear words in the
Med.  The rule of thumb in the Med. is there's either no wind or too much
wind.  In fact, it's likely that at some point in our year away we'll be
sailing in more wind (35+ knots) then we've ever sailed in before.  But
then, that's part of the adventure.

Cheers,

/djg