HP3000-L Archives

June 2001, Week 2

From:
Ken Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:40:52 -0600
Everyone,

I would like to first thank Conrad for the definitive list of all the
different "flavors" of Powerhouse available on the HPe3000.

I would now like to take an informal survey of which flavor(s) YOU have on
your HPe3000(s).  Please feel free to respond directly to me as to not
clutter the list(s) and I'll compile the results and post back later.

Your choices are:

1.) RUNTIME ONLY - enables you to run any QUICK screens, QUIZ reports or QTP
runs that have been built using a version of PowerHouse that includes some
development capabilities.

2.) RUNTIME WITH REPORTING - as RUNTIME ONLY but adds the ability to develop new
QUIZ reports, or run existing ones directly from their source files (rather
than requiring them to be built under a version with development
capabilities). This version of PowerHouse does not include any of the data
dictionary utilities...such as PDL, QUTIL or (as of the 8.39 release) ITOP
-- although it does include QSHOW to report on the data dictionary.

3.) REPORTING ONLY - this version of PowerHouse consists of only the data
dictionary tools, to enable you to build new PowerHouse data dictionaries,
and a full development version of QUIZ (but not QDESIGN, QUICK or QTP). So
with this version you can create both data dictionaries and QUIZ reports.

4.) FULL DEVELOPMENT - is the version that includes all development and runtime
capabilities for data dictionaries, QUICK screens, QUIZ reports and QTP
batch runs.

5.) None of the above.

Also, can anyone confirm or deny rumors that if an HPe3000 customer upgrades
to an A or N class box that they DO NOT get any credit for some of the above
options and must pay a FULL license fee AGAIN.

Any other comments are also welcome.

Thanks for your time,

Ken

Ken Paul