UTCSTAFF Archives

June 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
KimEdwardRenz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KimEdwardRenz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:28:10 -0400
>Another week's fare. Thanks to Ms. Sasse at Allied Arts for keeping us in
the know.

>If you are on campus Wednesday afternoon, or if you want something fun and
educational for your kids, bring them to the Ward Theatre at 4:30 PM for
THIS IS NOT A PIPEDREAM. This is a 45-mimute one-acter about the surrealist
painter Rene Magritte -- you know, the Belgiang who painted all the clouds,
apples, pipes, birds, stones, etc in settings where they weren't normally
seen. PIPEDREAM is written for the whole family. And the Southeast Center
for Education in the Arts is presenting it to you at no charge.

>Also, if you want a step up on the fall, stop by the Fine Arts Center
office for our 2001-2002 Patten Series flier. Plan your year now. Come one,
come all!! I read like P. T. Barnum.

> At 01:38 PM 6/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
>>Chattanooga's museums have some wonderful exhibits this summer. You'll
>>definitely want to see "Millennium Glass" at the Hunter Museum.  This
>>spectacular show is full of delights and surprises--you will be amazed at
>>what glass can be made to do.  The colors are fabulous, and the artists'
>>comments on the Millennium and its impact on their work are insightful.
>>
>>Friday, June 29, is Family Night at the Hunter, with activities for all
>>ages, refreshments, and even pony rides, and it's all free!
>>
>>The Creative Discovery Museum's hands-on exhibit, "Mr. Rogers'
>>Neighborhood," is fun for kids of all ages, and the Regional History Museum
>>has a very moving photography exhibit from the Smithsonian, entitled
>>"Serving Home and Community:  Women of Southern Appalachia."
>>
>>Nightfall cooks on Friday with veteran rocker Bill Kirchen and his band, Too
>>Much Fun.
>>
>>This newsletter is just a brief highlight of what's going on in the arts
>>this week.  For information on times, locations, and ticket purchasing for
>>these and many more events, check our website at www.alliedartschatt.org.
>>
>>If you'd like to respond to this message, add a friend to our mailing list,
>>or remove your name from the list, please contact us at
>>
>>Molly K. Sasse
>>Executive Director, Allied Arts

Kim Edward Renz
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga