SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2001

From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 00:21:26 +0100
Hi Lee,

> Carol, if I understood you correctly, you snorkel but do not dive?  Is
that
> so?  If it is, why not splurge on a course.

I posted last August that I got bent and then after another dive in October
got bent again so Doc said "no more"

 It breaks my heart.
I've had a PFO test (neg) and MRI scan (says I'm normal!.....hmmm)
and am awaiting a medical from a BSAC approved referree.
My own doctor says I must not dive again.

I can just look back on the diving I have done in a short diving
career......
West coast of Scotland, Scapa Flow, Menorca, Malta, Cyprus, Rainbow Warrier,
Poor Knights, Great Barrier Reef, Langkawi,  Red Sea, Florida, Catalina
Island Ca,
and the thought of never diving again is ......is.....well......its just
unacceptable :-(

So if he gives me a medical certificate it will be on condition that if I
get bent again, then NO MORE.

Now here's a spot of Scuba content for y'all..........

What if YOU had only ONE dive left ........
Well....... where would you choose to go and who with?

 Carol