SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2001

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:59:41 -0400
Lee Bell wrote:

> Jeff Kell wrote:
>
> > Alright, alright... the official word is:
>
> > > I was very dehydrated, potassium/magnesium and some B-complex missing,
> > > fluid around my pancreas and liver (no more acepaminophen!), and I had
> > > lost about 12 pounds.  But no major prognosis other than eat and drink
> > > plenty of fliuds and a prescription regimen of vitamins, and get some
> > > more regular sleep.  Follow-up with regular doctor July 13th.
> > Thanks for those that called (Bob, Mike, Chuck, maybe some others, I
> > was under some pretty serious Demerol for that pancreatic condition).
>
> Welcome back.  Next time tell the doctor to send us all an e-mail so we know
> what's going on.  On second thought, don't.  The hospital might need to use
> their phones for a real emergency.
>
> Glad you're doing OK.

Thanks.  Had it been anything serious I would have had the whole nine
yards, but the locals had my tri-mxing on IVs and a push of Demerol
for the pain, but it wasn't like demcompressing (exactlactly) is was
stupidly on a dive, it was more like recompessing back to life on a
mix of phosporus, magnesium, sodium etc in liquid form.

The analogies ran toghether under the influence of the drugs once or
twice, but I generally haldit together.

Best wish to all and *vvery* sorry for this ridiculous scare. My stay
was completely non-difing unless you the surface medical stresss records

Jdff

**False Alarm** nor NON-DIVING-NON-INCIDENET just for keywordsearch.