SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2001

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:52:50 -0400
Krazy Kiwi wrote:

> Eh, I did not say the incident was caused by your boat, did not post that
> or imply that. Ive got a pretty good memory & can recall the whole
to-close-
> for-comfort incident as you posted a couple of times about it on this list
> so anyone interested can look up the archives. In fact I also sent a
> private message via you for Jayna when she ended up in hospital for
> observation. The majority of us who know Jayna personally were most
> concerned believe me.

Didn't intend to suggest you had.  The key was the difference in the design
on mine which makes a similar incident highly unlikely.

> Hmmm Im assuming the stolen boat you were talking about with Chuck in
 another posting (was up for sale), would have been insured so they wont be
> out of pocket if they had paid decent insurance premiums. Sadly stealing
> high performance cars and boats to order is all the rage with our thieves
> here in Perth :-(

It was for sale and insured.  Presumably, the insurance company will
eventually pay off.  On the other hand, when a boat that has been for sale
for a while turns up missing, it tends to raise the suspicions of insurance
investigators.  I'm sure that's happening in this case.

Lee