SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:31:02 -0400
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:38:08 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Monday, June 11, 2001 10:57 AM, Ed Graves wrote:
>
>(snip)
>> I think they keep me at the shop as an example to prospective students,
>> "See that fat old bastard over there, if he can dive anyone can" <sigh> I
>> think it is pure jealousy.
>
>Mate!  It's an aspirational thing!  What they're really saying is, "See
that
>well developed specimen of diving manhood over there?  Well!  If you really
>apply yourself to diving then one day - perhaps - you may be lucky enough
>achieve a similar god-like status with a physique to match!"  :-)
>
>Strike

Very true.  Very true.

And you BOTH can aspire to be as OLD as this Feeesh, and can still
dive to 40 fathoms, and have the physique of Conan and Arnold
Schwartzennegger PUT TOGETHER (literally, minus a foot or two of
height).  :-))

-- Bob.