HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 5

From:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 09:16:14 -0500
On Wed, 30 May 2001 11:15:11 -0500 (Central Daylight Time), Paul Boggs
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Greetings HP3000-L,
>
>I would like some recommendations for any electronic reporting applications
>that will capture reports from the HP3000 and display the reports on a
>user's PC.

Paul,

We are using Opin Systems' REVEAL. A long while back, we used to host
the REVEAL database (where the reports are archived) on the 3000
itself, but we moved the database to a UNIX server a few years ago.
(You can also opt to host the database on an NT system, but I wouldn't
admit that to anyone if you decide to go that way!)

We've found it to be a good reliable product. It sometimes seems a
touch expensive to us, but we haven't done any comparison shopping in
a while so maybe their prices are comparable to other people's
solutions. Also, I know TVG uses some software products that truly ARE
quite expensive, so perhaps our definitions of what "expensive" means
differs. :)